Tuesday, 13 May 2008

101th post. And I didn't realise.

The game of probability.

Who can afford to play?

I watched Deal or No Deal on TVMobile that day.

This lady, Theresa(sp?) apparently had like six cases left.

The banker's offer was 14.8k. And 4 cases were less than 1k. Two cases were 10k and 100k respectively.

So while everyone was busy 'FORCING' her to say 'No Deal!', she said:

'I can do a lot of things with $14800 you know.'

If it was me, I'll tell the whole audience to shut up, and take the 14.8k.

You can call me cowardly of non-risktaker. I don't give a damn.

14.8k.

There's no prize for guessing what she chose.

No deal.

And she ended up with 10 freaking bucks.

Well, many people will just superficially shrug it off and say 'It's just a game.'

Then they'll run home and chop off their family members' heads for blatantly shouting No deal.

With that, she got 0.067567567% of what she could have gotten.

And then people will go on,'Who knows if you don't try?'

Shoo, idiot. Greed kills.

Losing $14790 isn't child's play.

You can shout 'No Deal!', cos you're not the one playing. You won't feel a pinch even if she lost it.

And the ridiculous husband was,'$10000's in the case honey.' Retardedly till I can't count.

I rather take the $14800 and could still give out big angpows. It was New Year's, mind you. The stupid nephews and nieces shouting 'No Deal!', sure, you evidently didn't get a good deal.

Your $10 angpow has shrunk into a 5 cent one. 1 cent if it was legal tender.

Well, anyway I can have a good laugh still. Human drama is real fun to watch.

The money will never be mine anyway. I'm not playing.

If I did, my bank account would be $14800 by now.

Imagine the number of pillows that could get me. Even gold ones.

No comments: