Friday, 7 December 2007

Some people keep trying to relieve their burden; others keep trying to carry more responsibilities.

I think i'll soon be back in the blogosphere, so spread the word people!

I used to think that Disney theme songs are but brainless nonsense that people rattle on, and they go the extra mile to translate it over and over again for all the countries.

But no, not all are just plain dumb lyrics. There are those that go beyond song lyrics, they become literature~.

Colours of the Wind -- Pocahontas OST

You think I'm an ignorant savage
You've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see if the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know
You don't know

You think you own whatever land you land on
The earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But i know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name.

You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew, you never knew.

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or ask the grinning bobcat why he grinned
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind

Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sunsweet berries of the earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once never wonder what they're worth

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or let the eagle tell you where he's been
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind

How high does a sycamore grow
If you cut it down
Then you'll never know

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or whether we are white or copper skinned
You need to sing with all the voices of the mountain
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind


You can own the earth and still
all you own is earth until
You can paint with all the colours of the wind

Reflection -- Mulan OST

Look at me
I will never pass for a perfect bride
Or a perfect daughter
Can it be I'm not meant to play this part
Now I see if I were truly to be myself
I would break my family's heart

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me
Why is my reflection so alive
Don't know

Somehow I cannot hide
Who I am though I've tried
When will my reflection show who I am inside

When will my reflection show who I am inside

You'll find more surprises when you listen to the otehr languages, for not all meanings are the same. For starters, Mandarin is good enough.

You never did really notice their songs were full of meaning, did you?

And after all the English and Japanese music periods, I'm back to my roots and loving Chinese Music.

Tanya Chua's new album has some really amazing songs like 空白格, 达尔文, Goodbye and Hello, and my personal favourite that i cannot get enough of ~ 当你离开的时候。

蔡健雅 - 当你离开的时候

只能低著头发呆 让回忆渗透脑袋 渐渐变空白
把他当作个依赖 但内心还想不开 因为我明白 其实你都还在

我想起了遇见你的时候 想起你眼神中的温柔
我想起了我们第一次牵手 我闭上眼
想起当时你怀裏的颤抖 似乎那麽害怕失去我
然而到後来我什麼都没有 当你离开的时候

我可以装作已释怀 他对我也算关怀 他看不出来
我知道这样不应该 在他身上找依赖 算不算是种出卖 因为你一直在

我想起了遇见你的时候 想起你眼神中的温柔
我想起了我们第一次牵手 我闭上眼
想起当时你怀裏的颤抖 似乎那麽害怕失去我
然而到後来我什麼都没有 当你离开的时候

我想起你亲吻我的时候 想起你眼神中的沈默
我想起了我们静静的分手 我闭上眼
想起你当时美丽的承诺 把你整个心都交给我
然而到後来我什麼都没有 越是没有你 越是心痛

我想起了遇见你的时候 想起你眼神中的温柔
我想起了我们第一次牵手 我闭上眼
想起当时你怀裏的颤抖 似乎那麽害怕失去我
然而到後来我什麼都没有 当你离开的时候


Amazing goodness~ =D

Now Listening: 当你离开的时候 (duh) by 蔡健雅 Tanya

Well I'll still be maintaining my blogging style like i used to, though the front bit has been a little different from my usual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You look at an object.
You know its a particular object.
You choose not to believe it IS that object.
It's either you are thickskinned,
Plain Dumb,
Or simply just don't get it.

Some people NEVER get it.

You can't mend a broken heart,
much less a torn soul,
especially when the heart or soul does not want to be mended,
worse by the likes of you.

Relations are two-way, you can never salvage something on your own, or worse, pretend like nothing ever happened.

Learn to give up~
Learn to let go.

When you fall into a pit,

Your true friends grab you, or jump in after you.

Your friends call the ambulance.

The neutral people are but onlookers.

The strangers walk by.

The enemies are the most concerned, they stand by and laugh, occasionally kicking more dirt in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oswin's birthday was awesome, considering i haven't been to any parties in a while.

At least i was wanted there. =D

No comments: