Thursday, 24 January 2008

1D.

After checking up a couple of blogs, I think I'm the first person to blog about O'levels today.

Well, not many are really in the mood to speak, or in this case, type about the events so far.

I've decided to forgo blogging about some of the long gone stuff and focus on the matters at hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it better to be shallow?

To receive your result slip,
scream and act real elated,
yet only check your slip far later than when you first got it?

At least people around will not see you in a different eye,
or be lost in their attempts to express comfort.

It's sometimes harder for the listener than the speaker.
Knowing how to react matters a great deal.

One wrong word = Insensitive
One wrong statement = Misunderstood
One wrong conversation = Broken relations

I never did worry for the MT O's.
Maybe I wasn't excited. Or even concerned.
And I did realise that the more you worry,
the more extreme your emotions become.
If you did well,
you will scream like you're having an ******.
If you did badly,
you will just sink and collapse in your worries.

This reality is far-fetched.

Humans are becoming more and more ridiculous.

Blame it on evolution?

Maybe.

But the point is,
we get criticisms for trying our very best.
We get ridiculed for putting in effort.

All happens when the results reflect no such stuff.
It doesn't matter in this reality.
It's not worth anything.

When you start to think that all your work has gone to waste.

I say NO.

I say, you learn, you pick up the pieces, you move on.

To wallow up in the past and miss out on the bright future ahead are the acts of those not enlightened.

Accepting the result and improving upon it can only be accomplished by those who understand.

It's hard.

But who said life was easy?

Success is a double-edged sword.

It defends you from despair and failure.

Yet the elation evolved penetrates deeper into the wounds of others.

The liberated displeasure further harms those around.

MOE cheats us of our effort.

CCA no longer helps you deduct two points.

I am one of Sadness' greatest challengers.
I have lost battles, but the war goes on.

We will fight on with what we have, not brood over what is lost.

No comments: