- Race/Religion
- Politics
- Sex
Today I'm afraid I'll have to hit the first one. No matter how controversial it may be, though I'm guessing it will not turn out bad.
The day I made my IC, was the day I had to choose.
I was born a Buddhist, though not a true devoted one. It was by family which you can never choose your parents.
I learnt the ways and teachings, coming from Maha Bodhi School which was SAP school funded by Singapore Buddhist Association.
My brother used to be Buddhist too, though somewhere along he chose to be a freethinker. His idea was not to pick a religion until something is proven to exist whatsoever.
So i carried on being one, for I didn't have any clear idea of what religion I wanted to follow.
Till that day when I went to the counter. The lady was filing up details for me.
'Religion?'
'Err... Freethinker.'
I had chosen.
And the reason was not because I did not like Buddhism, but rather because I wanted to have a freedom of believing what I want. And it is not unfounded.
No parents will hate their own child, just as no religion teaches its followers to do bad. And I wanted the liberty of believing the things I perceived to be good from every religion. I could reap the creme de la creme from each religion's teachings.
Moreover, I have my own philosophy and way of life. I know how I want to live, even if I haven't accomplished it.
And I think I'll remain a freethinker forever, I'll have my own beliefs.
=)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shall add on soon. Lazy now.
No comments:
Post a Comment