Sunday, 13 July 2008

Infinite limbs.

Everyone has secret ambitions and dreams. Though there's one we all share.

We all want to be octopuses. Or even the Thousand-Hand Guan Yin.

We try so hard to grasp, and cling onto, to everything that we want in our lives.

Someone forgotten something?

We only have two hands.

*

Something funny happened today. Maybe not funny, just unusual.

I spoke during Math Tuition. Not just talk, but asked and answered questions.

It may not have seemed weird last year, when I still had that corner of the room which I could reside in. But it had been a long time since I bothered to respond to tuition class. Not that I don't pay attention, just that I went a step further.

And I do realised the fact that I dared to do a lot of things now, much more than before.

I dared to bargain. I dared to order food at restaurants. I dared to tell people off in their faces. I dared to stand up to unreasonable people. I dared a lot more.

It's a part of me I haven't been seeing for a long time, or maybe we've never met in the first place.

But now, it's embedded in me.

Humans are but jigsaw puzzles, aren't we? Everyday, we discover something new about ourselves.

That's if we bother to.

*

Crowned puppets and mannequins.

Why do we love to have so many of them?

We're not modest. We're not humble. We're not shy.

We're just afraid.

*

For the first time in (I don't know how long), I felt sad for my losses.

Having been immune for a pretty long time now, even I was shocked when I chose to lose thinking that it wouldn't hurt since it never did for so long, but it did.

4 out of 8 left.

Yet I don't give a damn in the end.

On side note, I vowed to carry out the test starting tomorrow. It may hurt, but only I'll know.

No comments: