Sunday, 27 July 2008

Memoirs of a Scout.

It's over.

Three and a half years have gone.

It's funny how we once yearned to take over, dreaded to stay longer, yet rejoice and regret when its all over.

Maybe it happens in every batch.

One thing's for sure, the people and the memories we never forget.

It's strange how I wanted a long entry, and chose to end it so abruptly.

But I've said all I wanted to in those lines  above. And it's enough said.

*

Cold showers bring clarity.

And I realised today that tears leave stains.

Maybe its the same theory of how water evaporates, but the insoluble substances remain.

Still, I marvel at its capacity for unhappiness.

A lot of people out there aren't even worthy of judging people, yet they seem to practise it so often it becomes their profession. I decided that I shan't sink to their level.

*

There's this big book somewhere.

It's the book called Fate.

It's really thick, with microscopic fonts.

Some people think they can challenge Fate, or defy Fate, but all these could have long been written in Fate.

Foolish thinking.

And how I wish it wrote that people would eventually be born with no mouths.

Less noise, less rubbish.

Something more plausible?

Angels have no problems, that's something I believe.

If knowledge and wisdom brought troubles, it would definitely bring solutions as well.

*

Affinity's a special thing. I'm glad I possess an inch of it with certain people.

And I do a lot to preserve it.

Though sometimes I cannot resist trying to find coincidences. It gives myself recreation.

*

The man dashed across the street and barged into the store.

The owner was appalled.

The man looked around. He was amazed.

The roadside stall selling tourist souvenirs was no more; the owner must have made big bucks selling his masks.

'Hey there, I need to buy a mask desperately.'

The owner glanced at him.

'Sorry sir, but we're out.'

'Are you sure? Isn't there any leftovers or second-hand? I'll take any of them.'

The owner lifted his head and gazed at a well-polished glass cabinet behind him.

'There's one left, I suppose.'

It was a glass mask. Exquisite it must have been.

'I'll buy it. What's the price?'

The owner chuckled.

'Your soul.'

No comments: