Friday, 25 July 2008

Muses.

We tend to overlook a lot of things.

Yes, we do comment and criticise other people, we do insult and be unreasonable to those who have traits we don't like, but not always.

We overlook these things in our friends.

If they have bad traits, its either we accept, or we choose to lose the friend. It's nearly impossible to change people, even if it does sound kind of mediocre.

The Chinese say, 'One who stays near vermilion gets stained red, and one who stays near ink gets stained black.'

Truth to that? Just a little. Hasn't anyone realised that people who want to be stained red could be black, and in turn ruin red all together?

*

I always talk about how other people have terrible social networking skills, yet I cannot deny that I may somehow be a part of the 'clan' as well.

I wouldn't reject a conversation, but that doesn't mean I would start one.

Arguments are perfectly normal, but I'm beginning to detest getting into conclusion-less arguments. If everyone is persistent on their point right from the beginning, why bother wasting your breath, time and saliva?

It's obviously logical to solve the problem before finding who's at fault, and who takes the responsibility, or the blame. Yet we never practise it. We're always rushing to hunt down the person who did wrong, and neglect the problem at hand. At the end of the day, everyone's at fault.

Isn't it common sense to settle the issue at hand, before taking time to punish the culprit? Or is common sense really uncommon nowadays?

*

Kindness begets no kindness. There's no controversy to it.

If there is, you're merely lucky.

People always say give up your seats to the elderly.

Fair enough, I'm fine with that. Skip the explanation.

Everything in this world should go both ways.

Yet it isn't rare to see old people on the outer seats and leaving gaps beside them, just so they don't have to sit with others.

Hello? You want us to give way when you're dominating two seats?

Fat hope. But I still sit on the inside. I'm cultured.

*

I had the longest thinking process ever. Just recently, in fact. Never did any of my processes last a week. But I'm glad I survived it.

A little silence, a little music. And I've discovered a whole new side to myself. Now it gets interesting.

The human heart and mind are merely a series of locks. You just open them with 'keys' as you go along. Some people do get to the end.

Let's pray that I'm one of them.

*

On a side note, Camp Emerge had been an amazing experience.

Coach Yvonne could really connect, and the sincerity she embodies is indeed gratifying.

Mr Liak said a lot, but the one thing I learnt was that humility was a man's greatest asset.

Ms Sugitha is evidently passionate about her career, and I believe, a loving mother.

But of course, bull shit still exists. And I nearly slept during banking and finance, not surprising.

But I could never agree with Jill Lowe's take on reality.

I have morals.

Though I cannot deny enjoying her sense of humour.

And the best thing?

The most touching VS Anthem, Spelling and Unite I've ever heard. With no more than thirty people.

This is real VS spirit. Small, but precious.

We haven't done an amazing closure for a long time now.

VS eh! VS eh! Sah sah eh!

No comments: