Like if you did well and you have to be the sensitive guy instead of yelling you got six points and indirectly killing tens of people in the process who didn't get their ideal. Or worse get seven and tell someone >7 that you totally suck.
Or you did badly and have to act like you're handling it fine and reject consolation.
Or you simply can't hide and can't wait to slaughter the next guy who comes to you and says 'I got what I wanted! What you get?' and even adding stuff like 'Six right?'.
And what's worse is like the greatest enemy of your life brags in front of you and your fist ends up in his face.
Or having to hide your elation cos your good friend's in depression.
Or being the total opposite of whatever has been mentioned. (Getting punched isn't a joyous affair.)
Am I gonna scream and pretend 'I did it!' whilst not looking at my report card at all, so that I won't know what to expect and can convincingly pull off an act? Or am I gonna look at it and be absolutely expressionless so people may think you're either so good you're at a loss of words or so bad you can't even cry?
And then you get home and you're thinking of the best way to break the news, either good or bad, and your parents are either disappointed or elated (50/50). And people start jamming the phone lines and inboxes with text messages and you have no idea how to reply cos you simply don't know what the person's score is and don't know what to expect?
Or the easiest way could simply be running off the moment you get the card and heading straight home into your room. Who cares about anthem and cheers when you are holding your REPORT CARD? (Not my sentiments, just an example.) Then stare at it for two whole hours before praying in front of the altar for the next three hours and finally treat it like a bomb which you ought to take care in opening. (And spent four hours doing that.)
I don't know. I could just receive it and show it to everyone and brag that I got what I wanted. And then tell them 'Actually I don't really know, I hadn't looked at it. Why don't you tell me?' And see who's that thick skin or insensitive to report a sad two digit figure.
Or I could forget all about it and wake up on that day saying 'Aiyah I'll be late let's just not go.'
Or I could stop discussing and take it when it hits me, whether good or bad. At least if you did that you wouldn't spent the last fifteen minutes typing this.
Well I've given solutions. CHOOSE.
No comments:
Post a Comment