Thursday, 15 January 2009

Subcomb consultation.

Was down at school today to both help Mdm Nabilah with classes and meet teachers for 'subject combination consultation', the phrase i used to tell Mrs Setho why Charlton and I were sitting outside the staffroom while he played his PSP, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. =.=

Well the night before was spent flooding my seniors and teachers with the standard message of asking for advice choosing between geography and economics. I started the week being pro-geography for the fact of familiarity and greater preference. Now the week's nearly over and I'm pro-economics for the sake of widening my perspectives and opening doors of opportunity. And somehow, I'm still not that convinced for either subs.

Thirteen teachers came back with replies that weren't so different, about how marketable and useful econs would be as compared to geography. Still at least half added the fact that interest plays a big role if i were to carry it for two years. And few pointed out that I could always pick up econs if I wanted to at uni as an elective. And some agreed that two years of A's econs ain't gonna be very important if I don't follow through. Which as of now I doubt I will. Seniors were lesser, but they're more on the interest side.

I don't know. I've got two weeks. There are people whom have long fixed their subcombs with pcme, bcme etc and some haven't got the faintest idea what they're allowed to take. I've got two weeks to finalise one subject. And now I fear for KI just in case I don't pass the selection test. Which means that I would have to take H1 math. But that's not that worrying for me yet. The only thing horrifying now is ending up doing a subject I'll hate for two whole years. And have it in my A's cert. And I still don't know I'll end up hating which. So I suggested which Mrs Foo agreed that I could possibly take up both and drop the one I don't want when I commence hating it.

Maybe Mr Leo made sense when he stated that I oughta try econs if I got bored with geography for four years, even if he's supporting me to take geography after I stated how I don't exactly intended to follow through econs. Yet with Mdm Kwok and Ms Sharma both supporting the subject they don't teach, and the number of pro-econs teachers I've been meeting, I guess I'm swaying to econs now.

All that worry for my next two years, from the guy that didn't even blink when he chose his secondary  school and Sec 3 subcomb. This is all part of the changing, I guess. Oh well, I have two weeks. And I'm waiting to hear from the scout leaders this saturday before I sway more.

No comments: