Sunday, 3 August 2008

Eyes wide open.

Money No Enough 2 wasn't as great as its predecessor, surely you have heard by now.

The thing is, I have a love-hate relationship with the movie.

Sure it's entertaining, though the jokes weren't that funny after all.

But it had reflected almost perfectly the Singapore of today. It's people, the nation.

It wasn't a good reflection; nevertheless an accurate one indeed.

I did learn quite a bit from it, apart from how I wanted to destroy the film from the oh-so-real events that took place.

It's a good movie. You get to see how ugly you can become, or how hideous you already are.

*

Hospitals are meant for saving lives.

How can you hope to profit from there?

If we're going to go commercial with basic needs such as healthcare, then it's either you're not human, or you have no conscience.

I'm sure of that.

*

Everyone loves to take lead.

Everyone envies power.

Everyone desires control.

Who really does it eventually?

We all want to be in charge of great things.

But how many things are there that are great?

I like to take charge too.

But I know to only take charge when people don't want to, or don't know how to.

They could be dirty jobs, but it's still taking charge.

If you lead selectively based on the importance of the jobs and the amount of recognition behind it, then don't call that lead please.

That's just domination.

*

I can't help but be angry at those who put blame on other people, and never on themselves.

It happened so many times in Money No Enough that made me want to blow up the film altogether.

The whole world is wrong; you're the most correct one.

Happy now?

*

On a side note,

Sambal Chilli rocks. I just love those with VISIBLE shrimps.

But the oil is just gross.

No comments: