Saturday, 2 August 2008

Ironic.

Dress for the people we don't like, impress the people we don't like.

It's really funny, but no one's gonna stop doing it.

*

I've developed a queer interest in drinking espresso.

Yes it's horribly bitter, and people wonder how I can stand it.

Many think durians are smelly. (Contrary to popular belief, I personally think that it's the most awesome smell.) Their thorny and mushy as well.

But do we stop eating them?

Foie gras isn't pretty. Caviar look like starch balls in cheng thng. Abalones are hideous. Bird nest is swallow's saliva. Shark's fin is overpriced vermicelli.

But we don't hate them. In fact, some of us worship them.

Why double standards for other people of our human race?

We display wine and XO in cellars and they're black.

We benefit from so many Jewish inventions.

We have progressed in technology and knowledge from the work of Indian mathematicians.

Unless you can do better, scrub your filthy mouth of insults and discrimination.

I've developed a new approach to carrying on with my life.

'Like them for who they are, love them for who they're not.'

*

The saddest people on this earth can barely cry.

They witness their kin get swept by tsunamis, crushed in earthquakes, burnt to ashes.

And many of them can only remain speechless.

If you can cry, you aren't that sad after all.

*

You can't choose parents.

You either live with them, or you get out of the house right now and most probably end up living a dishonest life.

I've learnt to live with mine.

After all, how much family can you have?

On a side note,

I remember vaguely sitting in a baby pram. I loved it when I was balanced on the escalator.

No comments: