Saturday, 16 August 2008

Rear view mirrors.

It's nice to look back once in a while.

I realised how different my blogging style has evolved since I started. ( I was in the midst of googling my name. :D)

I used to love writing long posts. I believed that length would necessarily possess content.

I now enjoy having short posts. Physically short, spiritually long, nevertheless. I guess length is one thing I can never change.

I used to type my posts out on MS Word before transferring, or have an online thesaurus ready.

I thought that improving my vocab would make my point come out stronger or clearer.

I don't now.

The children of tragedies and disasters don't even know what vocab is, and can barely string grammatically correct sentences together.

Yet so many people are touched by their short and simple expressions after the events take place.  So many others cry.

Content was never judged by length or profoundness.

Still, we shouldn't be transfixed by rear view mirrors. Being too obsessed with the past makes us lose focus on the path ahead. Who knows, we might just get into an accident the next minute.

I'm amazed somehow, with my ability to connect material objects with understandings. I like to portray myself with humility, but I simply can't deny this gift.

On a side note,

People who peep or eavesdrop at others show how downright pathetic they are when they get caught by the ones they're targeting.

I don't mind people doing any of that. Just don't make it so obvious.

It diminishes the respect I have of you, though most likely there would be nothing to start with with people like that.

No comments: