Thursday, 14 August 2008

Monophobic no more.

What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.
- John Myers, at the end of Hellboy

*

Imperfection makes things real.

Would you not agree?

Who would want to improve if the world was seemingly perfect already?

And who would believe? 

Perfect? Really?

Bull.

*

I used to be monophobic, the reason behind my blog URL.

But now, I've learnt to embrace loneliness.

At least you don't have to hide.

At least it's silent.

At least it's you.

*

I used to think that over-concern was disaster.

I've experienced and discussed.

Now I realised it isn't possible.

Even I, at times am over-concerned about certain matters.

Though now, I'm selective about what I'm over-concerned about.

*

I'm changing.

I no longer treat most people with respect.

Now, I only treat those who deserve, and those I don't know well enough.

Why bother wasting your effort on people who only know how to take advantage of you?

Be thankful if I even look at you.

How much eyewash I have to use just for one look.

*

Monophobic no more.

No comments: