Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Blog?

Wanted to blog using the amazing firefox application/shortcut. But decided it was too cramped. And I didn't want to type font etc html down so...

Reading other peoples' blogs, I always wonder if I am getting all of this right. Because there are only two main things you see in blogs.
  1. Half boring and half pathetic rants.
  2. Entertaining Rubbish.
Well if you can't find your own content listed above, most likely I labelled you under no. 2.

But of course, occasionally its still nice to chance upon blogs like Weng Keong (yes the one that loves uno) and Joshua Kow's(currently in coma, don't bother).

And the poor stupid reason lies in the fact the 9/10 of the time, truly meaningful blogs don't get high hits.

Are we pursuing hits? Is the sake of blogging purely for that 1 mil hit counter?

Unless I'm getting this all wrong, then the answer is evidently no.

People love reading tags and tagging, but how often does someone actually tags in response to a 'mind-worthy' post? We spent quite some time writing out stuff but they just get read, and either you get quoted or ignored, eventually forgotten.

Of course, like most of you, I still enjoy reading category no. 2.

Why? I'm human.

For those who truly love tabloid-like material, and still adore it wholeheartedly after reading this, try googling for a url with 16 'n's. Ones that look like zebras. You'll get what you want. Or even the hanyu pinyin of 'snowing' in Mandarin.

On a side note, I might just keep publicising on category no.2 blogs.

After all, they get hits, and I don't.

On a side(x2) note, I just read really stupid and really funny suggestions via feedport.

Suggestion Sample A -- Place tracking devices on the teachers that can be located via the General Office so that students who are looking for teachers can reach them easier.

Then imagine this scene of a teacher who just finished using the restroom. Who the hell waits outside a freaking toilet? The teacher might die of shock...

Suggestion Sample B -- Allow the students to destress by giving access to the balconies.

In his own words:

If staffs are afraid of safety, don't be. If someone wants to commit suicide, they can do it everywhere. Even if balcony is not opened, they can jump do it off the corridor ofor their home.

(Weird grammar and spelling are in his own words.) You get the point anyway.

And the thing to be really concerned about is -- One's a JL and one's a PSL.

Snigger.

No comments: