Sunday, 29 June 2008

Will you... JUST LET ME TALK DAMNIT?!

Everyone wants their views and words heard.

Everyone tries to talk, and talks.

Who's listening?

*

Sumiko Tan of the lovely Sunday Times reflect column and spoke again.

She lives to work.

And not the other way round. I have opposite ideals.

I always questioned, though never once receive a reply, on why people work for. Why do we slog in cubicles and drown in cruelty from monster-in-human-clothing bosses?

Just to keep living? Cos we need money? We love getting tortured? Or we have no life?

It's difficult to figure because everyone is so obsessed with work to even bother to stop and think about what we're really working for.

Can we start bothering then? Or do we keep mum and keep up the slavery?

*

I'm superficial. Many of us cannot deny it. Skin deep in the maximum depth our eyes can see in a person.

Sometimes, we neglect even looking at the whole exterior.

A few years back, I was at Compass Point with my family and I was at the restroom.

When I went in, there was this Indian man who pulled down his pants, leaving only his undergarment to pee. I thought, 'This guy is so uncivilised.'

Till when I finished, the mall staff was holding his hand and walking out and the Indian man was holding a walking stick.

He was blind. I felt stupid. Shallow. Retarded.

I would never look at anyone that way ever again.


No comments: