Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Welfarism.

In many ways, I feel that my dad should have been born British.

He can make all the demands of a typical welfare state citizen, even when Singapore never promised that from the start.

Since my dad thinks that writing to the forum solves everyone's problems, i rejected joining the conversation and sniggered behind my handphone, half obsessed in my game of Frozen Bubble, half at the TV.

Now I see the "Lee Empire"'s concern that Singapore would soon become a complacent country, with the pre-independence babies inculcating in their children superficially correct but innately disastrous values and ideals.

If we're gonna keep relying the the government to feed us, what do we need hands and feet for? Why not sell them to some poor country whose name you never heard of or even spell? Give them to people who need them to make the best of their lives.

If this is where Singapore is headed, I'll migrate and be an Eskimo instead.

They don't have governments, do they?

On a side note, I don't think Eskimos have pillows.

No comments: