Sunday, 22 June 2008

Simple and The Rich.

Some of us yearn simple lives. Some of us demand lavish lives. Whatever the case, we're all working hard for the life, I suppose.

I want a simple life.

You've watched on TV how people in the farms and countryside always seem so happy, while people in the city keep pursuing happiness.

For a farmer, a good harvest can leave him a face of wrinkles from grinning.
For a businessman, it's has to be a good harvest with cheap labour and intensive machinery and GM seeds and healthier crops and faster growth and a whole long list of profit margins blah blah blah.

Sometimes, someone on the pursuit of happiness fails to realise that happiness could very well be in your face, but it isn't sufficient or you simply fail to see it. Everyone has a different ladder rung of happiness.

But why make happiness such a complicated emotion?

Isn't happiness just about being happy? Since when do we have decibals and Richter magnitude scale-like measures of happiness?

Since people were not content with being just happy alone. We have added 'very', 'extremely', 'enormously' etc etc.

I just want to be happy. Simply happy.

*

Some people live without masks.

Some people live with masks.

Some people who live with masks don't realise they don't need masks.

Some people who live without masks seriously require masks.

Whatever the case, I love masks. It's like a thriller movie.

On a side note, I decided not to give the McCafe frappes a review.

All I'm saying is, if you belong to the rich society, carry on with your Starbucks and Spinelli and Coffee Bean and Coffee Club and Coffee Connoisseur yadda yadda.

If you belong to the middle income group, it's good to try the Double Choc or Caramel Frappes.

If you belong to the lower income group, Coffee Oreo Ice Blended from Each A Cup is awesome.

If you belong to lower than that, stick to Kopi-O from any coffeeshop.

No comments: