A tingling of keys woke Child up. He sprang from the bed almost immediately and dashed to the living room.
It was Mother.
Dressed in her usual Armani apparels and Jimmy Choos, along with her favourite 12 carat diamong ring and Swarovski crystal bracelet, she said, 'Look here darling. See what Mummy got you. A new pillow! Isn't that good? The old one looked like rotting flesh.'
Child gave her the look of bewilderment.
'Pipi? Bad?'
'It's old and dirty sweetheart. I'll get Maria to change it for you later.'
'But I like Pipi!'
Mother was astonished at his sudden exclamation.
'Honey, that thing is filthy. Besides, you're gonna love this new one way more than that.'
Child's eyes did not flinch one bit.
'Never.'
He hurriedly dashed into his room, and made sure he double-locked it.
'You brat! I paid two hundred and forty dollars for this shit. You WILL TAKE IT!'
'NO! This is Papa's present.'
It was so rare that both of them were shouting at doors.
'What did I tell you? He's gone! And Uncle is so much better!'
The knob trembled. Mother was unlocking the door any moment now.
'I NO WANT CHANGE. I NO LIKE CHANGE! I want stay with Pipi!'
Five more than what meets the eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment