Sunday, 14 September 2008

Big words versus long paragraphs.

I enjoy reading long posts. I used to write like that as well. That's before I knew how to filter exceptional readers from laypeople.

Though I admit that sometimes I can't resist being blatant to hurt people. Some people are rather thick, but they don't realise.

*

I can't overemphasise about how processes matters more than outcomes. But in people's haste to figure out things they lose sight of that. That's how 'Haste makes waste' came about, after all.

If you don't get it the first time, read and read again.
If you do get it the first time, read again.

*

I know you have matters of tremendous importance weighing on you, but you are a man of honour, of compassion.

She broke law.

By loving someone? Sacrifice your life for truth. Persecute no man. Govern yourself in thought, word, and deed. Are these not teachings of Buddha?

- Anna and the King


Wait a minute, how do you like this for an idea? During the week of January 23rd, we'll ask every radio star to ask their listeners to send a dime to the White House. With fifty million listeners, you'll get five million dollars. Think of it...

- Eddie Cantor, 1938

... In 1938 an entertainer named Eddie Cantor got on the radio and asked every citizen to send ten cents to a new charity. So began the 'March of Dimes'. Nobody knows whose dime put the effort over the top, and made the vaccines that stopped polio possible. But somebody did. We often tell ourselves that the problems we've faced with cancer are too great, but one person alone can make the difference, But we can. We don't know who'll donate the crucial dollar that finally makes it possible to end cancer...

- Meryl Streep, Stand Up To Cancer The September 5th Special
http://www.marchofdimes.com/aboutus/20311_22634.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_of_Dimes

One thing to note though, Americans aren't the only ones with legs and cancer.

*

Altruism and egocentrism.

Whoa.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't get angry over people who are self-centred and need reminders. The world needs a balance, so exist bad people, I understand and acknowledge that.

I just enjoy stuffing mirrors to their faces, and letting them see how ugly they really are.

Hatred and anger are totally different emotions.

*

I enjoy basking in misery.

It reminds me that I'm human, and I'm only human.

I'm badly bruised, but I haven't and won't stop living.

There's something I live for now, I treasure that.

Love needs no definition or reason. That's why its mysterious, and sacred.

What can be defined isn't special anymore.

*

On a side note, special thanks to AZMI for his awesome suggestion which I won't reveal what. =) I'm comforted too.

No comments: