Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Death penalty.




Just finished watching 'Anna and the King'. And no surprises there that I loved it. Maybe it's influence from the novel, I don't know.

It was comforting to find at least four Singaporean artistes in the film.

Credits:
Lim Kay Siu
Lim Yu-Beng
Neo Swee-Lin
Zaibo

And I found a really cool site that has like more movies than watch-movies.net and like more than one mirror.

http://movie25.com/

Tried to watch 'Disaster Movie', and it did turned out to be a disaster. Barely lasted 5 minutes and I closed the page.

The jokes are stereotypical, and I thought 'Epic Movie' was bad enough.

Hunting other movies...

*

Shervin's Wednesday Top 10 Music Chart:

1. Self Inflicted - Katy Perry
2. Just Stand Up! - Artists Stand Up To Cancer
3. Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings
4. Walking On Air - Kerli
5. The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script
6. Pictures Of You - THe Last Goodnight
7. August Is Over - We The Kings
8. I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
9. Standing Still - Jewel
10. Change - Taylor Swift

Up-and-rising:

Radar - Britney Spears
Piece Of Me - Britney Spears
So What - P!nk
Money Honey - State Of Shock
SuperGirl - Saving Jane

*

People commit sins, people make mistakes.

People imprison them, people execute them.

To me, there weren't any difference in the two statements above.

Heaven's not going to bless you for dealing torment on others.
Karma's awfully fascinating.

I admire Guan Yin, bodhisattva of compassion and kindness.

Repentance, not retribution.

*

A lot of people in this world are billionaires and multillionaires. It's not a spelling mistake, don't fret.

It's so big I can't even explain it's power. http://list.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Numbers

You ask why?

Some people's face cost that much to them.

Well no one's stating that worth except them.

You're rich as well?

*



I never liked noise.

Not one bit.

Whatever examples you give, it's most likely that I won't fancy it, as long as it's noise.

But I make exceptions. For few people who love being loud.

I didn't say all. I said few.

But the thing I detest more than noise?

People who ask stupid questions.

If it's for humour by all means humour me. If it shows your lack of ability to think, come back when you're logical.

I make exceptions for people. But not all the time.

I didn't say always. I said not all the time.

*

A Song To Note:

Ingrid Michaelson - Breakable

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess,
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess.


And we are so fragile,
And our cracking bones make noise,
And we are just,
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.


You fasten my seatbelt because it is the law.
In your two ton death trap I finally saw.
A piece of love in your face that bathed me in regret.
Then you drove me to places I'll never forget.


And we are so fragile,
And our cracking bones make noise,
And we are just,
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.


And we are so fragile,
And our cracking bones make noise,
And we are just,
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls-
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls-
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.


*

You cannot shut out the world forever. Believe me, Your Majesty, I've tried. When my husband died, I thought that my heart would never heal. I could barely breathe. But Louis needed me. He was my salvation.

-

And yet you still refuse to live.

-

A mother. A teacher. A widow. But you are never just woman.

-

In spite of all you say, Mem is not accepting passing of husband. It is why you so protect son, and why you devote all time to books and issues. And why you cannot accept gift.

-

Because you lie, even to yourself. So do not lecture me, Mem Leonowens, about living. You are not qualified.


- Anna

- King


*




I realised I forgot about it being on TV.




I realised the consequence of giving too much. But I don't care.




A nightmarish thought appeared just a while ago. I'm scared too.




A barrel's not enough to wake me up.


I might be heading back in.

No comments: