This is the clock upon the wall
This is the story of us all
This is the first sound of a newborn child,
Before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won
This is a soldier and his gun
This is the mother waiting by the phone,
Praying for her son
[Chorus]
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Hung upon your wall for the world to see
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be
There is a drug that cures it all
Blocked by the governmental wall
We are the scientists inside the lab,
Just waiting for the call
This earthquake weather has got me shaking inside
I'm high up and dry
[Chorus]
Confess to me, every secret moment
Every stolen promise you believed
Confess to me, all that lies between us
All that lies between you and me
We are the boxers in the ring
We are the bells that never sing
There is a title we can't win no matter
How hard we might swing
[Chorus]
[Chorus Repeat]
*
Listen to "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" again, and focus on the bold words.
Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag. I'm not gonna move,
Got some words on cardboard got your picture in my hand,
Saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am,
Some try to hand me money they don't understand,
I'm not... broke I'm just a broken hearted man,
I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do,
How can I move on when I've been in love with you...
Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.
So I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.
Policeman says son you can't stay here,
I said there's someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year,
Gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows,
If she changes her mind this is the first place she will go.
Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.
So I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.
I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.
People talk about the guy
Who's waiting on a girl...
Oohoohwoo
There are no holes in his shoes
But a big hole in his world...
Hmmmm
Maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved,
And maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news,
And you'll come running to the corner...
Cos you'll know it's just for you
I'm the man who can't be moved
I'm the man who can't be moved...
Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.
[Repeat in background]
So I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.
I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.
Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag not I'm not gonna move.
Call it wishful thinking.
Call it whatever you want.
Who cares?
It brings joy and hope.
I believe now, that love is wanting the person you love to be happy.
Looks like TV dramas and movies ain't that far-fetched after all.
Contentment is fulfilling.
*
I'm thinking that this year won't be much different from the last, even if I don't wish for it to.
The day Hilary releases her compilation.
I do look forward to one gift every year, from the same person. He receives credit.
I don't blame my awesome friends at IP, we can barely meet and I didn't have a chance to give anything at the same time.
Well, I'm guessing the same person would continue giving me, like how I would the next day reciprocate.
As for the rest, I'll try to cope with contentment.
Still I'll be shameless and have a wishlist(xD):
.jpg)

+-+front.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment