Tuesday, 9 September 2008

In your face.


No one likes hearing bad stuff about themselves, even if they were true.
People'd much rather exist in a world where people can choose not to like you, but they cannot tell you why they don't like you.

No one's denying that that's a fact, but no one's willing to accept it either.
People'd much rather be immersed in delusion than hear stuff they know they won't like.

Tact has created many unnecessary and hidden problems, though we do not deny the crisis it has helped avert. Sometimes, it's really much better to be honest, than to be politically correct.

Not everyone appreciates 'right' answers, but if they were real, I'm sure I would listen.

*

It's both weird and funny the way you feel when you've moved on.
I don't engross myself with such feelings, they're momentary and insignificant.

The crucial thing: Don't try to forget, but learn to remember.

*

I realised that content is essential for songs on my playlist. I've moved on from merely listening to melodies and sounds, or ridiculous yakking.

And I also noticed how the lyrics I post are usually either related to my thoughts and feelings, or what I want to tell someone. At times though, it could just be philo stuff that's interesting.

Top Of The Playlist:

Jewel - Hands

If I could tell the world just one thing

It would be that we're all OK

And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful

And useless in times like these


I won't be made useless

I won't be idle with despair

I will gather myself around my faith

For light does the darkness most fear


My hands are small, I know

But they're not yours, they are my own

But they're not yours, they are my own

And I am never broken


Poverty stole your golden shoes

It didn't steal your laughter

And heartache came to visit me

But I knew it wasn't ever after


We'll fight, not out of spite

For someone must stand up for what's right

'Cause where there's a man who has no voice

There ours shall go singing


My hands are small I know

But they're not yours, they are my own

But they're not yours, they are my own

I am never broken


In the end only kindness matters

In the end only kindness matters

I will get down on my knees, and I will pray

I will get down on my knees, and I will pray

I will get down on my knees, and I will pray


My hands are small I know

But they're not yours, they are my own

But they're not yours, they are my own

And I am never broken


My hands are small I know

But they're not yours, they are my own

But they're not yours, they are my own

And I am never broken

We are never broken


We are God's eyes

God's hands

God's mind

We are God's eyes

God's hands

God's heart

We are God's eyes

God's hands

God's eyes

We are God's hands

We are God's hands


*


I cleared 'Trash' many times today. Then I wondered, why do I have so many useless files?


Maybe some once mattered, maybe some weren't my files.


It's pretty much part and parcel of life.


Stuff you don't want, don't need, don't like, throw it away.


There's no space for unwanted keepsakes; there's only space for what matters most.


A relieved shoulder and a lighter burden brings clarity.


That matters.


*


I wanted to share 'Anna & The King' quotes quite some time ago, after I cleared the book in a day. I've tried watching the movie thrice, but every time something crops up and I never got to the end, not until I finished the novel. I haven't watched it, but I do believe in Jodie Foster and Chow Yun Fatt's calibre.


There are a total of six sections. Here's the first:


Because people do not see the world as it is, but as they are. A good king needs a broader view. Your father understands this, because during his years as a monk he lived in many places, and met many different kinds of people. You have only grown up in the palace, but you will learn, Your Highness.


- Anna


*



Introducing W_idea (left) and Bo_byond (right).


Movies of late:




Wall-Z




The Mummy: Tomb of the Toilet Paper




It has eyebags. Poor thing.

No comments: